It's about my Anime.
What should I do.
So here's what happend In short.
I started a project called "Kriesis" which was my first non-sprite animation and drawn with a mouse. Episode 1 was almost complete with voice actors. But there are a lot of bugs and the drawing of it is pretty mediocre. Before I could finish the episode, school started up again which took up most of my time. I now have a week holiday and I don't know if I should finish the episode. Plus I have my school timetable sorted out which means I now have time for animation after the holidays
Reasons To finish the episode:
1) I've spent over 2 months organising and getting voice actors and animating the project and episode 1 is almost complete... even though there are alot of bugs and stuff wrong with it
2) it's my first non-sprite animation so I should see it through to the end
3) A lot of people want to see the end product which I think is disappointing so far because of my nooby bad script writing and nooby style directing.
4) People have spent their time to send voices in and want to see something from it. I could just send them the animation as it is and start on what I really want to do.
5) The episode is not that bad, It will probably get a 3/5 on newgrounds.
Reasons To scrap the project and start doing independent learning on animation... and maybe post up some anime shorts while I learn on newgrounds.
1) I have a drawing tablet now which I practice with and my recent drawings are far better than my old drawings done with the mouse.
2) I have a drawing tablet which makes frame by frame animation easier... yeah I counted the drawing tablet twice.
3) Every time I look back at the unfinished project I see so many things I could have done better if I had the drawing tablet at the time, plus the project wasn't planned out, The script is lacking. And there are so many things wrong with it. It looks nooby but the voice actors were FANTASTIC. I couldn't have asked for better VA's ^^.
4) I want to practice animation and maybe move on from flash to photoshop and AVI video animation with great amounts of detail
5) Honestly I just want to learn non-sprite anime style animation and if I stick with the project I'm on right now I'm not going to be able to do that. I need to improve on everything...maybe start start reading more books and study more anime and real life.
6) I have so many great unused instrumentals that I don't want to waste on my current animation, And I want to animate something that will give these instrumentals justice. And for that I need to practice.
There are more reasons for both but those are the basics. So what do you think I should do?
Should I Continue the animation which I've lost enthusiasm for and try to regain that enthusiasm again...
or scrap it, send it too those involved with it and take my first step on my journey to become a true animator... ok let me phrase that a different way lol.
or scrap it and start learning more about animation while putting up anime shorts on newgrounds.
Oh and Thank you Generations1st for believing in me... kind of lol and drawing this awesome poster. Much appriciated.
I'll be surprised if I actually get a response from this